Coffee Talks with Civic Engagement office
Coffee talks are faculty or student lead conversations/discussions to create awareness around civic engagement and social justice issues that not only affect the Georgia State community at large, but the community and world we live in. Topics for each talk will vary by week and will include both societal, political and current events.
Fall 2018 Topics:
- Sept. 4: Homeless outreach and procative engagement
- Sept. 11: Are you a trashtalker?
- Sept. 18: What does your vote mean?
- Sept. 25: Maximizing your budgets and savings as a college student
- Oct. 2: Are healthy relationships possible in college?
- Oct. 9: Trans inclusiveness and complexities of gender
- Oct. 16: What does your credit score say about you?
- Oct. 23: Title IX, student conduct and other community expectations during homecoming week
- Oct. 30: Impact! How to get students to the polls
- Nov. 13: Alleviating hunger (Hunger and Homelessness Week)
- Nov. 27: Leadership in the nonprofit sector
- Dec. 4: Open dialogue
For more information, please contact the Civic Engagement office.
Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 9:00am
Student Center West, 474
66 Courtland Street SE, Atlanta, GA